What is Corporate Sustainability?
Corporate Sustainability is a business approach to create long-term shareholder value by embracing opportunities and managing risks deriving from economic, environmental and social developments.
• the well being of our economy fundamentally depends on the services from nature that support it,- business activity has a profound impact on the ability of nature to sustainably provide those services,
• we are committed, as business and community leaders, to the well being of both economic and ecological systems, of both humans and other living things,
• we believe that these goals are compatible (and where they seem to be incompatible, we are committed to finding better ways to do business that make them compatible).
We envision our company, suppliers and customers, and our community doing business in ways that:
• preserve, protect and ultimately enhance the living systems - of this region, and the planet -that sustain our business and the larger human economy
• provide ever greater value in meeting the real needs of our customers, suppliers and communities
• meet human needs in the most efficient and economical means possible, in order to include the greatest percentage of humanity.
To do this we will:
• consider the requirements of the earth’s living systems in all design and operating decisions
• not take more from the earth than it can sustainably provide
• not provide to the earth more than it can sustainably absorb
• work to eliminate “waste” of all kinds from our operations, and to find safe, productive uses for any “non-product” that we are not yet able to eliminate
• take responsibility for the safety of our products/services in their intended use
We will pursue these steps with a commitment to
• future generations
• continuous improvement
• open dialogue with our customers, suppliers, and communities